Click here for Computer Lab Calendars
Information and Policies
- Ms. Snyder, Media Specialist
- Media Center Hours - 7:45 - 3:30
- Mission: To ensure that students and staff are independent learners and effective users of ideas and information.
- Regular collection books (Fiction, Nonfiction, Biography) are checked out for three school weeks, which is 15 school days. Days that students are not in school (weekends, workdays, holidays) do not count.
- Overdue books are fined at .10 per day, but there is a grace period of 3 days, so that a student who returns a book up to 3 days late has no fine. If the book becomes four school days late, then the fine begins at .40 on that day and goes up .10 per day.
- Students who have overdues and/or fines on their records must clear their records before checking out any book other than a class set book.
- Reference books are generally used in the media center, as free copies are allowed. If a student needs to check-out a reference book, an overnight check-out will be arranged with the media specialist. Fines for reference books are .25 per day.
- Our media center is open from 7:45-3:30 Monday through Friday. To protect our computers, only bottled water is allowed in the lab.
- Students may check-out books before school, after school, or during Enrichment.
- When tests are being administered, media is closed.
- Students must use their own computer log-on information when they use computers.
- By Randolph County board policy, students must have Technology Responsibility use permission forms on file before they may access the Internet. The Internet must always be used for educational purposes.
- Juniors and Seniors who are interested in becoming Media Assistants must fill out an application for Ms. Snyder. To be considered, students must be upper classmen, have a weighted GPA of at least 3.25, have an excellent attendance record, and have teacher references.
- Students may print free black and white copies to our Toshiba copier/printer, as long as the printed material is needed for school. Personal copies are .10 per page and content must be approved by Ms. Snyder.
- Color copies are $1.00 per page. Students must see Ms. Snyder to print in color.
- Notes are not needed to come to the media center before or after school or when a teacher schedules the entire class. Notes are needed to come to the media center during other times.
- Students are welcome to come to the media center during Enrichment, 2:40 - 3:10, as long as they have school work to do. Teacher notes are needed to use the media lab. Students must be in the media center when the bell rings and stay until the bell rings at 3:10.